PHORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PHORUM
PHORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orientation time!

5 posters

Go down

What is your sexual orientation?

Orientation time! I_vote_lcap0%Orientation time! I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Orientation time! I_vote_lcap20%Orientation time! I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Orientation time! I_vote_lcap30%Orientation time! I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
Orientation time! I_vote_lcap10%Orientation time! I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Orientation time! I_vote_lcap40%Orientation time! I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Orientation time! Empty Orientation time!

Post by Insertnamehere 18th January 2012, 4:03 pm

Just a quick starter. Let's see...

Spoiler:

The flowchart above can help you understand any or all orientations you are confused about. The difference between a genetic male and the male gender is that the first is a human being who has a phallus (male genitalia), while the second is a human being who has assumed the male gender role. And the same goes for females.

Last edited by Insertnamehere on 20th January 2012, 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Insertnamehere
Regulator
Regulator

Rep : 2

Back to top Go down

Orientation time! Empty Re: Orientation time!

Post by Soviet 19th January 2012, 3:18 am

Can you quickly explain each orientation in your original post? Thanks!
Soviet
Soviet
Grand Commissioner
Grand Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Vince 19th January 2012, 5:21 am

Soviet wrote:Can you quickly explain each orientation in your original post? Thanks!

Yeah, or at least give us a bloody spreadsheet...

I mean, isn't the amount of orientations equal to the amount of different types of genitalia out there? I must've missed a really big passage studying evolution...
Comrade Vince
Comrade Vince
Commissioner
Commissioner

Rep : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by IvanGray 19th January 2012, 3:34 pm

I'm actually going to select two answers, since I'm straight and the fiancé isn't, and she did choose to comment on it.
IvanGray
IvanGray
Regulator
Regulator

Rep : -1

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Vince 19th January 2012, 4:34 pm

IvanGray wrote:I'm actually going to select two answers, since I'm straight and the fiancé isn't, and she did choose to comment on it.

Mazel Tov.
Comrade Vince
Comrade Vince
Commissioner
Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by IvanGray 19th January 2012, 5:23 pm

Comrade Vince wrote:
IvanGray wrote:I'm actually going to select two answers, since I'm straight and the fiancé isn't, and she did choose to comment on it.

Mazel Tov.

Thank you :) The Yiddish threw me for a second though :P
IvanGray
IvanGray
Regulator
Regulator

Back to top Go down

Post by Soviet 20th January 2012, 1:45 am

Comrade Vince wrote:Mazel Tov.

I'd say the same, but I don't think marriage should exist anymore.

Comrade Vince wrote:I mean, isn't the amount of orientations equal to the amount of different types of genitalia out there? I must've missed a really big passage studying evolution...

Some of them can be stacked. For example, you can be pansexual and panromantic, and the reason why it's not considered bisexual is because bisexuals can still see gender, and are attracted to either the genetic male or genetic female image, and pansexuals cannot see gender, and are attracted to personality or gender roles.
Soviet
Soviet
Grand Commissioner
Grand Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Vince 20th January 2012, 3:37 pm

Soviet wrote:
Comrade Vince wrote:Mazel Tov.

I'd say the same, but I don't think marriage should exist anymore.

Comrade Vince wrote:I mean, isn't the amount of orientations equal to the amount of different types of genitalia out there? I must've missed a really big passage studying evolution...

Some of them can be stacked. For example, you can be pansexual and panromantic, and the reason why it's not considered bisexual is because bisexuals can still see gender, and are attracted to either the genetic male or genetic female image, and pansexuals cannot see gender, and are attracted to personality or gender roles.

Oh, so people are just barbie dolls to you fellows? Fair enough.
Comrade Vince
Comrade Vince
Commissioner
Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Soviet 20th January 2012, 3:39 pm

Comrade Vince wrote:Oh, so people are just barbie dolls to you fellows? Fair enough.

Eh, in a sense. But, you do understand and see how it is possible for so many orientations to exist, correct?
Soviet
Soviet
Grand Commissioner
Grand Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Vince 20th January 2012, 5:07 pm

Soviet wrote:
Comrade Vince wrote:Oh, so people are just barbie dolls to you fellows? Fair enough.

Eh, in a sense. But, you do understand and see how it is possible for so many orientations to exist, correct?

Well, I do now.

Sexual orientation sure has a lot of nit-picking, though. I personally think there's really no such thing as a sexual orientation, the concept is too trivial, arbitrary and plays a too generally insignificant factor for me to evaluate somehow.

It's like eye colours or star signs, it's completely insubstantial.
Comrade Vince
Comrade Vince
Commissioner
Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Soviet 21st January 2012, 2:10 am

Comrade Vince wrote:Sexual orientation sure has a lot of nit-picking, though. I personally think there's really no such thing as a sexual orientation, the concept is too trivial, arbitrary and plays a too generally insignificant factor for me to evaluate somehow.

To straight or gay people, yes, orientations can be a bit broad, but when you are still confused about your feelings, the additional orientations help to create an understanding of what you feel comfortable with and uncomfortable with.
Soviet
Soviet
Grand Commissioner
Grand Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mulic 21st January 2012, 11:07 am

Attraction and Love do not be restricted to a single sex, that would be insane
Mulic
Mulic
Comrade
Comrade

Rep : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by IvanGray 21st January 2012, 3:32 pm

Mulic wrote:Attraction and Love do not be restricted to a single sex, that would be insane

Nope... have to disagree, my attraction is limited to women, particularly the one laying next to me, asleep on my shoulder.

Sorry champ.
IvanGray
IvanGray
Regulator
Regulator

Back to top Go down

Post by Soviet 21st January 2012, 3:59 pm

So, I've looked into it a lot.

As per my understanding, a human being is born orientation-less, and will become orientated through development of the brain. I spoke with Vince, and we talked about pathological freedoms. It is not a disability and it is not inherited; there are many animal species which do not share human genetics, but can be gay, or bisexual, or lesbian. For example Silo (bisexual) and Roy (gay) and their adopted daughter Tango was a lesbian. It is natural and it is not against any moral principle to feel attraction to, or seek romantic and/or sexual love with another sex or gender, or to feel as though you should be another sex or gender.

MORE THOUGHTS: Animals do not fill gender roles as we do, and they don't care about orientation. They simply are how they are. The only reason why orientation is a big issue today is because human beings have opinions. Cells reproduce without conceiving with another cell, so it's 100% natural for us to exercise our hormones, regardless of what sex we exercise them with, because evolution doesn't change orientation, evidently. I'm rambling. You get the idea.

Those are my personal thoughts on the subject. Happy
Soviet
Soviet
Grand Commissioner
Grand Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by IvanGray 22nd January 2012, 6:06 am

Soviet wrote:So, I've looked into it a lot.

As per my understanding, a human being is born orientation-less, and will become orientated through development of the brain. I spoke with Vince, and we talked about pathological freedoms. It is not a disability and it is not inherited; there are many animal species which do not share human genetics, but can be gay, or bisexual, or lesbian. For example Silo (bisexual) and Roy (gay) and their adopted daughter Tango was a lesbian. It is natural and it is not against any moral principle to feel attraction to, or seek romantic and/or sexual love with another sex or gender, or to feel as though you should be another sex or gender.

MORE THOUGHTS: Animals do not fill gender roles as we do, and they don't care about orientation. They simply are how they are. The only reason why orientation is a big issue today is because human beings have opinions. Cells reproduce without conceiving with another cell, so it's 100% natural for us to exercise our hormones, regardless of what sex we exercise them with, because evolution doesn't change orientation, evidently. I'm rambling. You get the idea

Those are my personal thoughts on the subject. Orientation time! 650269930

Something that should be observed however, is that in women, and homosexual males, the Corpus Collosum is greatly thickened, while in straight men and lesbians, it is much thinner and smaller. As always, it's a mixture of nature and nurture.
IvanGray
IvanGray
Regulator
Regulator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum