PHORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PHORUM
PHORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comrade Chernov's Battle Threads #1: Battle of Antietam

2 posters

Go down

Comrade Chernov's Battle Threads #1: Battle of Antietam Empty Comrade Chernov's Battle Threads #1: Battle of Antietam

Post by Comrade Chernov 22nd January 2012, 8:27 am

Aight, since I'm one of the site's (current) ranking historians, I figured I might as well contribute to the history section *somehow*, so this is how! Using a copy and pasted wikipedia article my large knowledge of the American Civil War, I'll be summarizing battles for you so you can understand what happened easier.

Opposing Forces

Union - Army of the Potomac - 76,000 Men
Confederacy - Army of Northern Virginia - 55,000 Men (38,000 present)

The Battle took place over the course of an entire day, mainly in three phases - the Morning phase, located along the Confederate left; the Midday phase in the center; and the Afternoon phase on the right.

MORNING PHASE
Spoiler:

Will post the other two parts soon.

Comrade Chernov
Regulator
Regulator

Rep : 5

Back to top Go down

Comrade Chernov's Battle Threads #1: Battle of Antietam Empty Re: Comrade Chernov's Battle Threads #1: Battle of Antietam

Post by Soviet 22nd January 2012, 7:22 pm

Not that I have much interest for American history, and especially American war history, your breakdown of the battle was engaging, informative and easy to read. Good job, Chernov, looking forward to your next two "phases". Keep it up.
Soviet
Soviet
Grand Commissioner
Grand Commissioner

Rep : 2

Back to top Go down

Comrade Chernov's Battle Threads #1: Battle of Antietam Empty Re: Comrade Chernov's Battle Threads #1: Battle of Antietam

Post by Comrade Chernov 23rd January 2012, 11:14 am

Thank you Comrade! ^_^

Here is parts 2 and 3.

MIDDAY PHASE
Spoiler:

AFTERNOON PHASE
Spoiler:

Comrade Chernov
Regulator
Regulator

Rep : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down