PHORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PHORUM
PHORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comrade Chernov's Crazy Economic Theories, Thread 1

4 posters

Go down

Comrade Chernov's Crazy Economic Theories, Thread 1 Empty Comrade Chernov's Crazy Economic Theories, Thread 1

Post by Comrade Chernov 16th January 2012, 2:54 pm

Here's an idea I have for a possible way to fix the U.S. Economy. It would take a while, and it involves MAJOR tax reform, but I believe it would work effectively.

Step 1(Hardest part): Dissolve EVERY major tax(Sales tax, Electric bill, Water bill, etc.) on both the Federal and State level except for Income tax.

Step 2: Set a fixed Income tax across all social classes, from the poorest beggar to the richest billionaire, at a rate of 15% of their earnings every year(not including Welfare for their recipients). IE a person who makes $800 a month pays $120 a month, a person who makes $2m a month pays $300k a month.

Step 3: Due to the lowered financial stress on the lower and middle classes, their money and as such quality of life improves. At the same time, the Rich are paying enough money to slowly move down the wealth ladder.

Step 4: Over the course of time, adjust the tax rate until the Lower, Middle, and Upper classes are nearly one and the same.

Thoughts?

Comrade Chernov
Regulator
Regulator

Rep : 5

Back to top Go down

Comrade Chernov's Crazy Economic Theories, Thread 1 Empty Re: Comrade Chernov's Crazy Economic Theories, Thread 1

Post by Comrade Vince 17th January 2012, 3:52 am

So in other words: A volumetric flat tax?

I like it. I support wealth redistribution, but I like it given how it seems to be the lesser of two evils compared to taxes today.
Comrade Vince
Comrade Vince
Commissioner
Commissioner

Rep : 12

Back to top Go down

Comrade Chernov's Crazy Economic Theories, Thread 1 Empty Re: Comrade Chernov's Crazy Economic Theories, Thread 1

Post by Comrade Chernov 17th January 2012, 8:06 am

A flat tax, yes. It would be a bit of a warm-up for Wealth distribution, not as much hassle and whatnot.

Comrade Chernov
Regulator
Regulator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Vince 17th January 2012, 10:17 am

Comrade Chernov wrote:A flat tax, yes. It would be a bit of a warm-up for Wealth distribution, not as much hassle and whatnot.

You may want to always include "volumetric" when using "flat tax", otherwise it's as pro-rich people as it can get.
Comrade Vince
Comrade Vince
Commissioner
Commissioner

Rep : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Soviet 17th January 2012, 12:17 pm

Comrade Chernov wrote:Here's an idea I have for a possible way to fix the U.S. Economy. It would take a while, and it involves MAJOR tax reform, but I believe it would work effectively.

Reformism is the way to go, man. I feel like 95% of the people in the world could school American economists.
Soviet
Soviet
Grand Commissioner
Grand Commissioner

Rep : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Draugas Lietuva 18th January 2012, 1:32 pm

Haha I really like it, but introducing that to the small minded Americans, that would be one hell of a task.

Draugas Lietuva
Banned

Rep : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Chernov 21st January 2012, 9:24 am

Indeed, sadly...

Comrade Chernov
Regulator
Regulator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down