PHORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PHORUM
PHORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hypothetical outcomes of WW2

+2
Comrade Vince
Draugas Lietuva
6 posters

Go down

Hypothetical outcomes of WW2 Empty Hypothetical outcomes of WW2

Post by Draugas Lietuva 18th January 2012, 1:22 pm

Lets say Hitler had won WW2, how and what he would do in the end? Well theres alot of possible outcomes of that.
But the big question is how, Hitler had everything a army needed, everything besides a good leader, Hitler himself caused the downfall, like the army had, numbers, disipline, patriotism, etc.
And one way he could have won it, stopping at Czechoslovakia and built up its homeland industry, because most of its industry came from conquered areas. And with that industrial capacity he could have had the ability to run resources out of the Deuschland instead of the areas that were being ravaged by war.
Another way was getting past Poland, France and all the other countries he had invaded, but do not break the pact with the U.S.S.R. and they both focus down on the U.K., and with it out of the war they had virtually won. But Stalin had the same thing plan, breakign the pact, but the only reason Stalin won teh Great Patriotic War was because of two things, sheer numbers, and patriotism caused by the atrocitys they saw at the hands of the Nazis.

Draugas Lietuva
Banned

Rep : 4

Back to top Go down

Hypothetical outcomes of WW2 Empty Re: Hypothetical outcomes of WW2

Post by Comrade Vince 18th January 2012, 5:05 pm

I'd say it is a wonder that Stalin won that war, since he must have been the single most foul and cruel leader known to man. He treated his soldiers as poorly as he did the Nazis. I'm surprised the Nazis didn't reward him with the iron cross for killing so many soldiers of the red army.

That being said: I think we should focus on the west too, since they were the ones who had the atom bomb, which would play a great role in the outcome. Either Germany would steal it, and replace the Soviet Union in the cold war, or they would fold, and the west would gain more power.

Either way: The Nazis would rule Europe, hah...
Comrade Vince
Comrade Vince
Commissioner
Commissioner

Rep : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Soviet 19th January 2012, 3:15 am

Who was it that was telling me that a rural town in Germany was still ruled by the Nazi's, was that you, Vince?

An idea really won't die with a man. Hitler won in many ways.
Soviet
Soviet
Grand Commissioner
Grand Commissioner

Rep : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by chevosky 19th January 2012, 3:18 am

here is a bit about the town here.
chevosky
chevosky

Rep : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Soviet 19th January 2012, 3:21 am

Chev, I'd prefer a source that wasn't Fox News, but thank you for the information.
Soviet
Soviet
Grand Commissioner
Grand Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by chevosky 19th January 2012, 3:30 am

lol - never thought - here is another one

Happy Holocaust FFS!!!!
chevosky
chevosky

Rep : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Soviet 19th January 2012, 4:13 am

Thanks, Chev.

This town and every Neo-Nazi supporter in the world, and every racist organization or prejudice that stems from Hitler's antisemitism is proof that Hitler won in many ways.
Soviet
Soviet
Grand Commissioner
Grand Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Vince 19th January 2012, 5:16 am

Still, let's give them a town or an island or something where they can all live and leave the rest of us alone, no?
Comrade Vince
Comrade Vince
Commissioner
Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Chernov 21st January 2012, 9:30 am

He would have needed to do *quite* a few things differently.

First off, ditch anything less powerful than a Panzer IV Ausf. G. If it can't kill a late-war tank, don't use it. Secondly, build up industry. Build up the air force. Build up everything. Don't launch another invasion after Czechoslovakia until 1940 at least. Get more soldiers. Build replacement and backup equipment so you can easily replenish losses and keep the front hot.

Second, don't let Hitler anywhere near the strategic planning board.

Third, actually *press* the industrial giants to work their employees harder. Wartime productivity was only 3% larger than peacetime because Hitler didn't want to lose the populace's support.

Fourth, secure your flanks. He should have at *least* dealt with the UK, maybe a bit into Africa more too, and possibly sent an expeditionary force to help his Japanese allies, before he even *thought* of attacking the Soviet Union. Update the equipment, don't stall for anything, keep supply bases constantly leapfrogging forward. That would have easily steamrolled the Soviets in the initial months, but Hitler's meddling and ill-preparedness destroyed his own vision.

Comrade Chernov
Regulator
Regulator

Rep : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Soviet 21st January 2012, 9:39 am

Comrade Chernov wrote:Fourth, secure your flanks. He should have at *least* dealt with the UK, maybe a bit into Africa more too, and possibly sent an expeditionary force to help his Japanese allies, before he even *thought* of attacking the Soviet Union. Update the equipment, don't stall for anything, keep supply bases constantly leapfrogging forward. That would have easily steamrolled the Soviets in the initial months, but Hitler's meddling and ill-preparedness destroyed his own vision.

He was pretty damn rash, but the guy was crazy. He shouldn't have attacked the U.S.S.R. until he was 100% sure his forces were ready... I mean, they didn't expect they would have to endure such harsh cold and weather. He made a lot of mistakes, but I think that was his largest.

The U.S.S.R. crushed Germany, he had no chance.
Soviet
Soviet
Grand Commissioner
Grand Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Chernov 21st January 2012, 9:41 am

Yes, but the USSR only crushed him due to the crippling effect of the winter - which allowed them a peaceful opportunity to reinforce weak areas - as well as easily made weaponry and massive numbers. A Rifle Division, for example, could be slapped together in days and trained in weeks, where a German Infantry Division took weeks to be assembled and months to be trained.

Comrade Chernov
Regulator
Regulator

Back to top Go down

Post by Soviet 21st January 2012, 9:43 am

Comrade Chernov wrote:Yes, but the USSR only crushed him due to the crippling effect of the winter - which allowed them a peaceful opportunity to reinforce weak areas - as well as easily made weaponry and massive numbers. A Rifle Division, for example, could be slapped together in days and trained in weeks, where a German Infantry Division took weeks to be assembled and months to be trained.

Nevertheless, thank you for your thoughts. Your historic and war knowledge is going to be extremely useful on PHORUM, comrade.
Soviet
Soviet
Grand Commissioner
Grand Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Chernov 21st January 2012, 9:45 am

It is my pleasure, Comrade, and I look forward to it. ;)

Comrade Chernov
Regulator
Regulator

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan "AwesomePants" 5th February 2012, 8:40 am

What about on the Pacific Front? For example, if we hadn't bombed Japan?

I say Japan would have launched a full-scale invasion of America and would have eventually won considering their whole "death before surrender" shtick.

What do you guys think?
Aidan
Aidan "AwesomePants"

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Vince 5th February 2012, 11:02 pm

Aidan "AwesomePants" wrote:What about on the Pacific Front? For example, if we hadn't bombed Japan?

I say Japan would have launched a full-scale invasion of America and would have eventually won considering their whole "death before surrender" shtick.

What do you guys think?

I'd have to agree.

It's a shame that didn't happen...

If I subscribed to common superstition regarding multi-dimensional structure and cosmic geography, then I would have hoped you'd fry now, Douglas MacArthur!
Comrade Vince
Comrade Vince
Commissioner
Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Chernov 7th February 2012, 8:32 am

Lolno.

No country has a chance in hell of invading the U.S., especially not as one as small and industrially-inferior as Japan. If they managed to conquer the entire Pacific - which is a *very* small chance, given the American interests in the region - then they would need years to assemble the troops, the ships, the planes, the equipment, etc. for an Invasion. All the while the United States is digging on on the west coast with Artillery pieces, Bunkers, Trenches, Mines, AA stations, Radar stations, Airfields, etc.

The United States at the time had way too much Industrial might and too high a Population to be seriously threatened with an invasion on the mainland, not to mention the fact that the main 48 states are larger than all of Europe *combined*. And besides, even if the U.S. was destroyed, a Fascist, Racist, Absolute Monarchy takes over. Is that really preferable to a Democracy, no matter how flawed?

I hate the U.S. as much as the rest of you, Comrades, but we're talking in the realm of possibility here.

Comrade Chernov
Regulator
Regulator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Vince 7th February 2012, 1:02 pm

Comrade Chernov wrote:Lolno.

No country has a chance in hell of invading the U.S., especially not as one as small and industrially-inferior as Japan. If they managed to conquer the entire Pacific - which is a *very* small chance, given the American interests in the region - then they would need years to assemble the troops, the ships, the planes, the equipment, etc. for an Invasion. All the while the United States is digging on on the west coast with Artillery pieces, Bunkers, Trenches, Mines, AA stations, Radar stations, Airfields, etc.

The United States at the time had way too much Industrial might and too high a Population to be seriously threatened with an invasion on the mainland, not to mention the fact that the main 48 states are larger than all of Europe *combined*. And besides, even if the U.S. was destroyed, a Fascist, Racist, Absolute Monarchy takes over. Is that really preferable to a Democracy, no matter how flawed?

I hate the U.S. as much as the rest of you, Comrades, but we're talking in the realm of possibility here.

Yeah, I was kinda hoping the Japanese would be an easier target, but I suppose it's kinda like sending a mongoose to kill a lion...
Comrade Vince
Comrade Vince
Commissioner
Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Soviet 7th February 2012, 1:07 pm

Chernov wrote:No country has a chance in hell of invading the U.S., especially not as one as small and industrially-inferior as Japan.

Yeah, I have to agree with Chernov. America can't be conquered by a land, air or sea invasion by any one nation. A coalition of nations ranging from European to Eurasian countries attacking the U.S.? It's a little more plausible.

Although, it's interesting when we observe evidence of countries planning to invade the U.S. Cuba, for instance. Perhaps several other countries would have joined in the assault? It's either that, or they'd publicly denounce Cuba to suck up to the U.S.

I hate when perfectly capable nations do that.
Soviet
Soviet
Grand Commissioner
Grand Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum